RETIREMENT

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

workshopman

RETIREMENT

Post by workshopman »

Having on some forums mentioned earlier in the year that I would take a break from issuing further videos the pause has made me realise that it has come to the time to retire. However, the videos that I had already completed and intended to issue two at a time, I have now made them all public. They are a series I have called “Project for an Afternoon” a link here. http://www.homews.co.uk/page617a.html

Having made those comments, I just may add the occasional video or a few pages to my website, but do not see this as likely in the foreseeable future. The reason is that at the age of 84 I am finding tasks increasingly demanding, typically correspondence. I will though be pleased still to receive emails that I can answer simply, such as, “Thanks for your email” or, “That's a good idea, must try it some time”.

Could I please ask that you see the correspondence page on my website where there is more detail regarding the situation. http://www.homews.co.uk/page6.html

I will still view my website statistics though most forum only give the total number of visits which is of little use, only a small number give the page from which a link occurred and can then be followed up.

I would now like to give a big thank you to the very large number of home metalworkers, world wide, who have thanked me for my articles, books, website, and more recently, videos. Such has done much to help keep me going for some 25 years.

Thanks to you all.
Harold Hall
spro

Re: RETIREMENT

Post by spro »

Wow! Harold Hall. I remember you from a long time back. Super machinist and engineer. I will check and read. Thanks !
spro

Post by spro »

Really fine experiences and techniques. It is grand of you sharing the site. I'm not the best spokesperson for this site but as an pseudo machinist, I welcome -wait a minute- It is different than that. Dear man, you live.
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Dear Mr. Hall,

I would like to add my thanks to you, for your long service and contributions to the hobby machining world. I've found your web site to be invaluable for your instructions and drawings regarding making tooling. These have truly been an inspiration to me, and quite frankly, an invaluable resource enabling me to equip my small home workshop. Some time ago I bookmarked your web site as a machining reference, and visit it whenever I need some clarity on how to make some tooling. Many thanks again for all you have contributed to the Hobby - on both sides of the pond!

Regards
Glenn Brooks
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
iteration1

Post by iteration1 »

Harold, I have several of your books and I appreciate all you have provided to this hobby (way of life :>). You are a true inspiration.
Thank you and keep the chips flying!

rkh