Belt Grinder Plan Reviews wanted

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

p pfeiffer

Belt Grinder Plan Reviews wanted

Post by p pfeiffer »

I am looking for reviews of the Little Mach Shop "Belt Grinder Plans (#2717). I feel that they are expensive, but they may be worth it. Does anyone have any experience with these plans? Or would you recommend other plans. I am not going to buy one if I can build one. But I am not clueless either. I know GOOD plans show all kinds of important details and features.
STRR

Re: Belt Grinder Plan Reviews wanted

Post by STRR »

I'm sorry I am not familiar with the Little Mach Shop plans,,,,,BUT if you're building your own, you might like to check out Jeremy Schmidt on You Tube. He has built the absolute best belt grinder I have ever seen. I would like to purchase his plans and build one for myself. It's both a horizontal and vertical with any number of accessories.

Here's his build video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiYpfma1nw

He has several videos related to this grinder. I think you'll find them interesting and well done.

Good Luck,
Terry