oilless compressors

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Steggy

Re: oilless compressors

Post by Steggy »

toglhot wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 pmAs I don't live in America...
May I suggest you put your location in your Chaski profile? If people know whereabouts you live they can perhaps offer better suggestions. :)

As for oil-less compressors, you couldn't give me one. I've seen a lot of them fail with only a few hundred hours of service on them. My Speedaire two-stage compressor pump, which is a conventional "wet" reciprocating unit, has 35 years of service on it and is still going strong, despite the cutoff pressure being set to 160 PSI.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

I'm using a two cylinder compressor my dad put together after the war. Can't recall the make of the piston block, but it uses a surplus, stainless, B-29 oxygen tank for storage. Plenty of output, I use it with a Binks 11.5 CFM spray gun.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

As you don't live in America, you should be looking at compressors made and sold in Europe
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
toglhot

Post by toglhot »

Mr Ron wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 pm As you don't live in America, you should be looking at compressors made and sold in Europe
That'd be
handy - if I lived in Europe!!
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

toglhot wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:03 pm
Mr Ron wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 pm As you don't live in America, you should be looking at compressors made and sold in Europe
That'd be
handy - if I lived in Europe!!
Why the charade? Just tell us what country you are living in.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi