Teeter Totter finger for dial indicator

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Builder01

Re: Teeter Totter finger for dial indicator

Post by Builder01 »

I looked some more, and it does look like the #670 Starrett series is a clamp on type for a standard indicator. The one I have found so far is pretty expensive. Still looking.

Bill, do you have any of the 670 type, I would be interested.

David
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

Builder01 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:09 am the U.K. attachments are actually all located in the U.S. There should be no "paper work" or duty taxes. The last one listed is from Connecticut and shipping was free. For the others, the shipping was only $5.
I can certainly see that shipping to Portugal might be more problematic than to a place in the U.S.
David
When you log into ebay, the postage shown will be to your location [unless you change it]. So you see $5, I see $20.
And I can assure you, there is customs and taxes on anything over $12 [inc. shipping] sent to Portugal from outside the EU.

I have a friend in the US with an extensive machine shop he no longer uses; he wants to send me all sorts of things.
I tell him thanks, but please don't.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

So, what happens if it is posted in Portugal. We will be there for a week in June and a few bits would fit in the corner of the suitcase.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

The ones that I have are not the 670, they are 671 and 196F
sorry 4 confusion
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

Thanks anyway Bill.

Yes, I'm sure there would be taxes and customs for shipping to Portugal, but, not from Connecticut to Pennsylvania. All of the Ebay listings are from the U.S. I live in the U.S., no problem for me. Shipping to Portugal is not relevant for me.

David
johnfreese

Post by johnfreese »

There were 3 eBay links posted. The first two were attachments that fit the back plunger indicator only.
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

johnfreese wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:33 pm There were 3 eBay links posted. The first two were attachments that fit the back plunger indicator only.
Yes, I have discovered that fact. Also, I found that Brown & Sharpe makes an attachment that fits 3/8" dial indicators. Those are pretty nice.

David
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

Russ Hanscom wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:47 am So, what happens if it is posted in Portugal. We will be there for a week in June and a few bits would fit in the corner of the suitcase.
Local post works just fine and no one notices things like that in a suitcase; lordy, the things I've brought in suitcases!

Anywhere in the EU can post buy / sell without restriction.
Except restricted things [tobacco, alcohol, weapons, chemicals].
There is no customs check.
spro

Post by spro »

Sounds good and also the info from Bill S. gets us closer to exact reading instead of relative. "Axis of moment" /" Axis of movement" .