Proud dad moment

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

curtis cutter

Proud dad moment

Post by curtis cutter »

Two of my boys are starting a new company.
https://www.petersonbrosautomation.com/
One is leaving Amazon and the other leaving his professor position at the local college.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
Harold_V

Re: Proud dad moment

Post by Harold_V »

Nice. I wish them success. There's nothing quite like working for one's self.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

They might become the new Click and Clack!
Even their backgrounds match...
~RN
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Hard to think of two things that would be better to leave behind than Amazon and academia. I hope they do well. Nice to see someone DO something instead of sitting in a cubicle being fungible.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
RSG

Post by RSG »

Congrats Gregg!
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
Bentworker

Post by Bentworker »

Cool!

There is definitely a need for non vendor specific PLC and automation training / service. In the electric utility world I know I’d like a better grasp on all the Allen Bradley PLCs we have running all sorts of critical stuff.

Hope they do well!

Tell them to get involved in WEI and strongly consider participating in Hands-On relay school in Pullman WA to get their name out there. There is a deficit of expertise in most electric utilities.
Shop toys...
10X54" Vectrax GS20F mill with DRO & frequency drive (saved from the scrap pile).
Jet 13x40 lathe.
Powermatic 1150 drill press.
I love Craigslist!
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Bentworker wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 pm Cool!

There is definitely a need for non vendor specific PLC and automation training / service. In the electric utility world I know I’d like a better grasp on all the Allen Bradley PLCs we have running all sorts of critical stuff.

Hope they do well!

Tell them to get involved in WEI and strongly consider participating in Hands-On relay school in Pullman WA to get their name out there. There is a deficit of expertise in most electric utilities.
Pullman is not that far away. They are planning to take their business on the road as well.
https://www.petersonbrosautomation.com/
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
spro

Post by spro »

Oh heck. I have to say something. I drive a Legacy wagon and it continues to astound me, even though it is 20 years old. It has many active features but it will all fall to dust. Legacy is a word of meaning. I am proud for you, your sons and the Legacy you built.
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

I wish them luck and good fortune. Excellent PLC and Automation programmers are far and few.

I am at the opposite end of PLCs and automation. Building my last machine for a customer now.

Allen Bradley - you can always get better but you will never pay more! Their software is its own virus. Just loaded "Components Workbench"
and it wiped out my Solidworks, typical of AB. It took 4 hours to restore operation.

Jim B
Patio

Post by Patio »

Your are right to be proud. Congratulations Gregg!
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!