Shaperight shaper

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

earlgo

Shaperight shaper

Post by earlgo »

Does anyone have a parts list for a Shaperight shaper? If you do, please PM with information on how to get this.
Failing that does anyone know how to remove the handle from the vertical screw. The 'invisipin' is hard to see.

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
pete

Re: Shaperight shaper

Post by pete »

No real information on that shaper Earl, but if there really is a tapered cross pin in that one then a tip I recently read on the PM forums was to just use a coat of cold gun blueing to make the difference in the two materials stand out. The other more invasive tip was to mix up a salt/vinegar mix and the two parts would or "should" rust at different rates.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

Pete, nice suggestion, hadn't thought of that.
I passed along the suggestion to the interested party and he said that it wasn't really necessary to take the knob off, he was just cleaning up the shaper and thought it might help.
Still, if anyone has a parts list....
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
rudd

Post by rudd »

There's a kind of a part list at the end of the operators manual available over at Vintage Machinery. Not a nice exploded isometric parts diagram, but better than nothing I suppose.
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/5112/16672.pdf
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

Thanks, rudd. I have directed others to Vintagemachinery.com and when the time came, I forgot to go there myself. DUH! :oops:
--earlgo
rudd

Post by rudd »

I was kind of surprised to find anything there from Havir.