Caliper battery covers

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

whateg0

Re: Caliper battery covers

Post by whateg0 »

The grey digitals like in the pic have served me well, much like the orange angle grinders of which I have several. The black ones suck, imo. I do enough relative measurements that even if I start with the dial, I often go back and get the digital out of the drawer. They aren't exact always but they are close enough for their intended use.
toglhot

Post by toglhot »

I have tried several different calipers; unfortunately they just don't seem to last, I have one that simply won't zero, it always reads 0.0something or other, another can be zeroed, but depends upon how hard you push the movable against the anvil. Non digital are excellent but you need a loupe to read the damn things so, I will keep buying digitals and replacing them when the need arises...
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

If you bought a Mitutoyo digital caliper, you wouldn't have the problem of losing battery caps.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Mr Ron wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 am If you bought a Mitutoyo digital caliper, you wouldn't have the problem of losing battery caps.

Wouldn't have a zeroing problem either.
Zero it once, and that's it. It's set.
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
whateg0

Post by whateg0 »

If I bought a mit, I wouldn't have more than one and would constantly be running around looking for the last place I used it. I've now got all of my cheapo digitals up and usable and scattered around.