Delta Milwaukee "Toolmaker" v-belt pulley sizes?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

WO2P

Re: Delta Milwaukee "Toolmaker" v-belt pulley sizes?

Post by WO2P »

Ealrgo, I came across this video while having my morning coffee. This fella built his own wheel balancer system. Here is the first of the 3 part video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWrYen7b19Q
Don't know if you have or use a wheel balancer but this one looks pretty straight forward to build.
Fred
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

I finally got the opportunity to watch the Suburban guy do the wheel balancing and trueing thing. He is working with a surface grinder and we have T&C grinders, so don't over think it. I primarily use Norton SG wheels, they are pricey but last quite a bit longer between dressing. Their number is 5SG60-KVS.
Norton wheel
Norton wheel
Wheel Spec
Wheel Spec
I don't have a balancer nor do I need extremely fine finishes for grinding drills, or threading dies, just accuracy.
I made a dressing post and bought a diamond to use in it.
Dresser
Dresser
I do not have a magnetic chuck but do have a really good 3 axis Yuasa vise.
Just do it and don't worry about too much, you won't destroy the machine or wheels if you are reasonably careful.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

WO2P:
How goes the Delta Toolmaker rebuild. Haven't heard about it lately. Most likely life is getting in the way.
Keep us posted.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.