Removing End Of Broken Pipe From Pressure Pot Manifold

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

warmstrong1955

Re: Removing End Of Broken Pipe From Pressure Pot Manifold

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Make some sort of bracket that clamps on to one or both of the handles, and the water trap.
Or even a bracket that mounts to the bolts holding the handles onto the pot.

You might use a schedule 80 pipe in lieu of a schedule 40. I doubt it would reduce the air flow enough to be noticeable.
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
pollys1dad

Post by pollys1dad »

OK thanks.
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

Rigid is not the same as strong.

A bracket that supports the pipe part way out would do. Right now you have all the stress concentrated on the threads with leverage roughly equal to the length of the pipe divided by the diameter.
Inspector

Post by Inspector »

I wouldn't use a rigid connection at all. I would mount the manifold to a plate attached to the dolly frame. Nipples in the manifold (90º) and pot (straight) with a flex hose between. The hose would allow for misalignment and prevent/reduce cracking from vibrations or handling. While the barbed fittings you are using are probably enough, I would trot off to a place that can make hydraulic hoses and get a short medium pressure hose along with the two fittings to fit them to the pot and manifold. Overkill but I like using wrenches more than fighting with hoses and hose clamps. ;)

Pete
pollys1dad

Post by pollys1dad »

ok thanks people :)