Parting tool holder

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: Harold_V, websterz, GlennW

liveaboard

Re: Parting tool holder

Post by liveaboard » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:28 am

I have a tenant who uses Gmail; he sent me a mail saying the shower door hinges had given out, the glass door is ok though.
Within a day or two, I had spam stating "glass door hardware from blah blah..."

I find it disconcerting.

SteveM

Post by SteveM » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:47 am

My wife took a photo of something with her iphone and then got an ad for it.

Disconcerting is an understatement.

Steve

GlennW

Post by GlennW » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:24 am

A friends wife wanted an "Alexa". Soon after she had it they were eating dinner and mentioned possibly learning to fly. They were barraged with advertisements for flight lessons within a day.

I still use a Mil Spec. flip phone...
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!

earlgo

Post by earlgo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:36 pm

We got an echo dot as a promotional gift and as soon as I started to set it up the dog left the room and hid. It was several days before the dog was able to stay in the same room with a person with their phone out. It either has a high frequency that the dog didn't like or it was the strange un-seeable person that was talking. We boxed up the echo and tried to give it away to no avail, so it is yet another dust collector.
My son suggested that the next time I go to lunch with the guys to leave it on the table and let someone else have it.
Oh and it took several weeks to get Google and all the apps off my phone. Talk about a leech... geez.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.