CCMT recycle face mills

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

SteveM

Re: CCMT recycle face mills

Post by SteveM »

Just found this on ebay.

I might have gotten one, but it's for size 4 inserts and all of mine are 3 and 2
CCMT_Recycler.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Indexable-Ca ... =712289469

Steve
whateg0

Post by whateg0 »

That insert size is a problem for me too. I knew I had seen one that said it was ccmt but couldn't find it the other day. With careful setup, one could be made that would fit the smaller inserts. The tpg inserts I but aren't expensive but they don't last long so I go through a bunch it seems. More expensive inserts maybe last longer but then that makes the cost of a ccmt face mill not seem so bad
platypus20

Post by platypus20 »

I doubt I have a mill, that could utilize a 3” mill to it maximum, I have a 3”, a couple of 2-1/2” and the one I use is a 2”, which seems to fit the 1-1/2 hp mill the best.
jack
johnfreese

Post by johnfreese »

Shars also sells that kind of face mill. It is rather inexpensive. Another option is a lathe toolholder that hols them "sideways". You can get lead angle turning tools or chamferingg tools. Again Shars sells them.
johnfreese

Post by johnfreese »

Guess I should have noticed there were 2 more pages of replies before adding my 2 cents worth. Other contributors covered the issue nicely.
whateg0

Post by whateg0 »

johnfreese wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm Shars also sells that kind of face mill. It is rather inexpensive. Another option is a lathe toolholder that hols them "sideways". You can get lead angle turning tools or chamferingg tools. Again Shars sells them.
I've searched the Shars site and don't see a facemill that accepts any CC** insert.

Dave