Hoping to be more active

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

neanderman

Hoping to be more active

Post by neanderman »

Greetings:

I've been away, but hoping to come back.

In December, 2019, my partner of 11 years was diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme tumor on her right frontal lobe.

Surgery and chemo + radiation was initially very successful, and her tumor biopsy showed it to be at low risk for recurrence.

And then Covid hit...

Fast forward to late 2020, and a new, inoperable tumor appeared in the corpus colosum -- smack in the middle, between the hemispheres of the brain.

She did okay for awhile, but ultimately it took her. She died early in February.

I was previously widowed, but that hasn't made it much easier.

I miss her, but I need to get on with my life. I retired at the end of 2020, so I'm seeking distractions.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
liveaboard

Re: Hoping to be more active

Post by liveaboard »

Sorry to hear of your loss; the pain of losing a loved one is in a category of its own.

Lockdown is easing up now, but if you have a home machine shop you'll always have things to do.
Tom1948

Post by Tom1948 »

Prayers out to you. My partner of 25 years was diagnosed with gioblastoma about 30 years ago. Doctors said go home take care of your affairs. 30 years later she is still with us. Doctors cant explain it. 32 years since diagnosis. She is now 62. There is virtually no survival rate with that type of tumor. They got the tumor but it had consequences. Anytime they mess with the brain things happen. Epilepsy, slight paralysis etc. It hasn't been easy but she is still here. She gets calls from around the country by folks in similar situations and she gives them hope but it rarely works out. Sorry for your loss. I wish i could give you more comforting words
RSG

Post by RSG »

Very sorry to hear Ed! But glad to hear you are looking to get back in the shop though....it is one of the best distractions out there.
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
TomB

Post by TomB »

You have my deepest symphony. My lover has gone to the land where there is no tomorrows or yesterdays. Because of COVID the medical organization has moved her to a Nursing home that is 4 hours from me and I can no longer even go see her. When I was going to see here once a week she could remember me but with the COVID isolations she forgot everybody but her deceased father. At this point I feel like she is also deceased. So although the loses are not quite the same I believe they must feel the same. I remember your contributions to the forum when you were active and I know members will appreciate your future contributions.
shootnride

Post by shootnride »

Nice to see you back on the forum, but really sorry to hear about the reason for your absence. Working in your shop will be great therapy.
Ted
Some people raise the IQ of the room when they enter.........others when they leave.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Sorry to hear this Ed.
This has been a hard year on so many people for so many reasons. It will be nice to enjoy your posts once again.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Ed:
Thank you for letting us know what you are experiencing now. You have my deepest sympathies.
My dear wife should have died 3 years ago, but she defied the odds and is with me now.
I will be sending positive energies your direction.
RussN
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

neanderman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 amFast forward to late 2020, and a new, inoperable tumor appeared in the corpus colosum...She died early in February.
I am very sorry to read this. Please accept my sincerest condolences.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

I have no idea what to say except, so sorry for your loss, and welcome back...
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Sigh! No end to sadness and sorrow.
I'd like to express my condolences, Ed, and assure you that your presence here makes a difference.

I was aware that you had been away, but I had no idea why. How I wish it would have been for a less painful reason.

As NP317 said, Susan and I will be sending positive energy your direction. May your future be bright.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
seal killer

Post by seal killer »

Ed--

There simply are no words for me to say in response to this tragedy because I cannot even begin to imagine it.

Thank you for helping me, my friend.

--Bill
You are what you write.