OT Leaf Vacuum

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Lou

OT Leaf Vacuum

Post by Lou »

Its getting that time of year that the leaves will start coming down. In the past it takes 4 opr 5 days to do all of the raking. mulching and burning. I'm looking for input on leaf vacuums that would attach to my riding lawn mower. I've found acouple on the net, Cyclone Rake and Trac Vac. Has anyone had any experience with either of these, or any other brands. Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks, Lou
dsergison

oh, have I ever.

Post by dsergison »

Lou

Re: oh, have I ever.

Post by Lou »

Looks like a nice job, but if it comes to me constructing one from the ground up, I'll never get the leaves off of the ground in this life time....
dsergison

Re: oh, have I ever.

Post by dsergison »

well, Hopefully the other's responses about their own models was of interest to you.

good luck.
Jim_Caudill

Re: OT Leaf Vacuum

Post by Jim_Caudill »

I use a "Billy Goat" brand of leaf vac that is highly regarded by those in the leaf and debris pickup field. I have a small one that you push like a lawnmower, but they make several larger systems including one that loads directly into a pickup bed. I have occasionally seen the latter model for sale on the internet classifieds. Billy Goat does have a website: www.billygoat.com
Dayton, OH
JeffinWI

Re: OT Leaf Vacuum

Post by JeffinWI »

Lou, I have a JD mower and their MC519 tow behind bagger. Not cheap, but I am happy with it. Have lots of leaves to pick up...LOTS of leaves. I vac 'em at least once a week for about two months. Supposed to hold 19 bushel.