Where do I find

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Les Ward

Where do I find

Post by Les Ward »

my home so I can edit my profile? Duuhh
Aloha , Les [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Mike_Burdick

Re: Where do I find

Post by Mike_Burdick »

Les,

You have to register first! On this post I think you are signed in as a guest (signature in black - not blue). If you're already registered, then sign in and a link to "my home" will be at the top.
J Tiers

Post by J Tiers »

Heck, I'm registered and everything, but it is less hassle to just post as if unregistered. The board forgets me anyway, so it hardly matters.

Unfortunately, this board is 10x more hassle (mostly since "upgrading") than the other two put together.
Doozer

Post by Doozer »

Um Sorry! Google Beta is THE most annoying, where ya gotta click to go to the top of the message. Is there a way to change that? I haven't found a way. I finally figured out how to turn off those frames. I vote for Google (rec crafts metalworking) as the worst format. Perhaps I'm wrong, and someone can tell me a way to fix it. --Doozer
Mike_Burdick

Post by Mike_Burdick »

I just don’t understand why people say this board is “just a hassle”! To me it’s not much different than any other board I frequent. Maybe some of the defaults should be set to be more like the “other” boards but all one has to do is set the preferences to whatever they like.
J Tiers

Post by J Tiers »

Because no matter what I do, I still have to register/sign in every time I come here.....and then I get a different listing view about every third time I do that anyway.

The other two remember me, and I never have to sign in.

I did what was suggested by the site manager, and still it is the same. I just gave up and only come here if I have time and inclination to deal with it.

Its set up the way thet pleases the people who pay for it, and more power to them. If you like it, I don't think any worse of you for it.

I have never dealt with "Google beater" so I have no personal experience with it.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I, for one, enjoy your posts, J, and would hope you stay the course. Your comments are always well worth reading and considering.

One thing that may be preventing the board from remembering you is if you don't permit cookies. Don't really know what I'm talking about, but if you don't allow them, that might be the cause.

Interestingly, I'm so familiar with this board that I don't like using any other. I can see that how you get programmed early on makes a huge difference as to how one perceives what works well, and what doesn't.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
timekiller

Post by timekiller »

I feel your sign in pains. IE and Netscape 4.7 wouldn't keep me signed in. I downloaded Netscape 7.0 and use it to check this board and a few other sites the other browsiers have problems with. If it would handle my bookmarks like 4.7 I would use it exclusively, but it doesn't so I currently use all three.

Ray [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]