Brico Band Saw

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

MikeD.

Brico Band Saw

Post by MikeD. »

Just checking to see if anyone knows anything about Brico saws? I have one, model # RF-115, and am looking for information on them or a website etc. The one I have is like new and the best part it was given to me. Thanks for any information.

Mike
iwantone

Re: Brico Band Saw

Post by iwantone »

I have a Brico RF-115 bandsaw. I just failed the main brass gear in the transmission. Does anyone know where I can purchase parts in Canada (or the USA) for this saw?
whateg0

Re: Brico Band Saw

Post by whateg0 »

Dang! Talk about reviving an old thread!

That style of saw is everywhere. Many different variations, but one thing they all have in common is the gear eventually wears out and it's near impossible to find parts. Different brands used different tooth pitch and count so if you really want one, you'll probably have to just find pics of similar ones for which you can get parts and hope the gear fits. Or make the gear.