Du more additions at Odd Bits

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Evans

Du more additions at Odd Bits

Post by John Evans »

Added a couple of pieces of Dumore tools to my collection recently. A friend gave me most of a 1/6HP Dumore flex shaft tool a couple of weeks ago . Lucked out and got a NEW hand piece for $20 and another $15 for a switch and power cord and away we go. Don't have a ready use for it now but I'm sure somthing will turn up. Bought a foot square box full of QC sanding disks and Scotch brite pads and other abrasives that will work with it.
Then on Tuesday a Dumore senstive drill press came hole with me . Was marked non-working $10. Got it home and checked the brushes first thing ,they looked new! Pluged it in and no go ,gave the chuck a little twist and off it goes. Ran it for about a 1/2 hour and now it starts by it's self most every time. Don't think anything wrong inside as almost no sparking from the brushes. A bit of clean up and almost as good as new.
Attachments
dumore 001.JPG
dumore 002.JPG
dumore 003.JPG
www.chaski.com