Monarch Chucker 10EC

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

utahwestie

Monarch Chucker 10EC

Post by utahwestie »

Hello all,

I’m looking for a set of operating instructions for a Monarch 10EC chucker lathe. I’ve just got this one off a family member and would like to set it up correctly and also operate it correctly.

If anyone has a copy of the original paperwork or who has ran one of these in the past and wouldn’t mind a chit chat on the phone, that would be awesome. I’m based in Salt Lake City, Utah. So far I’ve struck out finding anything on the internet, which just seems wrong these days....

I do have the threading attachment, collet closet, vertical part off and all the covers. There were taken off for shipping and hence not in the photos....

Thanks in advance
Anthony.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
~Anthony~
~Ex Pat Kiwi now living in Salt Lake City, Utah
neanderman

Re: Monarch Chucker 10EC

Post by neanderman »

I'd contact the manufacturer directly. They are still in business, selling rebuilt 10EE's:

http://monarchlathe.com/
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
whateg0

Re: Monarch Chucker 10EC

Post by whateg0 »

x2 on contacting Monarch. At least with the 10ee, they generally have copies of the original manuals that were shipped with their machines and can provide a scanned copy to you. IIRC, the cost is generally around $75.

Dave