New to site saying hi and need help

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Lom

New to site saying hi and need help

Post by Lom »

A1CE4BF0-684B-4571-8C99-98786F6AAD7E.jpeg
Hi all.
Just a starter using a lathe, hoping to learn some things from this site looks like a lot of good info.
Purchased a Brown machine co lathe I think it is a model F or P not sure, having a hard time finding info on it any help would be appreciated.
Will try to attach pic.https://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/do ... w&id=84737
rmac

Re: New to site saying hi and need help

Post by rmac »

Hi Lom, and welcome! For info on your lathe, you might start here:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/brown-dandy/

There looks to be quite a bit of history and information there, including this note:

"Should you have a "Brown" or "Dandy" lathe (just two are known) - or one that resembles them - the writer would be interested to hear from you."

-- Russell Mac
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

rmac wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 am " the writer would be interested to hear from you."

-- Russell Mac
He said that about my mill too, but does not respond to my mail. I'm afraid lathes.co.uk might be foundering.

Have fun with the lathe, Lom.
After a couple of months, you'll wonder how you ever lived without one.
Lom

Post by Lom »

Yea I wrote him about my lathe and he was giving me reference research info regarding S and B lathe, mine is a Brown lathe. Not sure I understood the relationship of the two.did not seem to care about the scarcity of this as he had noted.