1917 19 inch LaBlond lathe

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

mikechoochoo

1917 19 inch LaBlond lathe

Post by mikechoochoo »

I have a 19 inch LaBlond lathe that according to the company was made in 1917. Im looking for copys of the spindle speed chart , a lubracation chart and the feed and thread chart. the company dosn't have anything for something that old.
philinmt

Re: 1917 19 inch LaBlond lathe

Post by philinmt »

Does your lathe have a quick change gear box or do you have a pile of change gears?...Phil in mt
mikechoochoo

Post by mikechoochoo »

Quick change,
Mike
philinmt

Post by philinmt »

If you engauge the treading box and half nut in every thread pos and see how far the carriage moves for one turn of the spindle it will give you the lead, like wise do the same in feed. As far as the spindle rpm , that is easy with a little math. The line shafts were set at 200 rpm (the speed of a steam engine) if you are missing the top cone pully the pully steps are the inverse os the bottom so the belt would remain the same size in all speeds. If you have truble email me with all the info and I will sort it out for you...Phil in Mt