Milling Machine Identification

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Norwegian Machinist

Milling Machine Identification

Post by Norwegian Machinist »

Hi!
I recently got my hands on this milling machine but im struggling to find the name of it. I know its Italian made, but thats about it.

Thanks!

SteveHGraham

Re: Milling Machine Identification

Post by SteveHGraham »

The brand name is either "Sine" or "Cosine," depending on where the origin is.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Norwegian Machinist

Cant seem to find anything about this machine on the internet, do you know where I can find manuals etc.?
Norwegian Machinist

Here are a few more pictures.

BadDog

Post by BadDog »

I have no help to offer, except to point out that Steve's post was his attempt at humor. And in an unusual twist for him, it was actually pretty funny...
:lol:
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
johnfreese

Post by johnfreese »

Check out http://www.lathes.co.uk/. They have info on all kinds of machinery.
pete

Post by pete »

Given the OP's user name I'd assume your in Norway? I can't really give you any help about your machine or it's actual brand name except to offer a suggestion. It's layout is quite typical of an European built toolroom mill. No company sets up and builds something that complex without being a fair sized company to start with. Deckel and quite a few other European companys made mills very much like that design and they all copied various parts of each others design over the years. But many of these machines or various models of them never made it over to North America for one reason or another. Best advise is to try any European machinist forum you can find with decent membership numbers and try the pictures there. Or try the Practical Machinist subforums for Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene mills that's about half way down the list of sub forums. There's a great many European members that post in that one and I'm sure someone will know who's logo that is and maybe even the model number of your mill. Yours looks to be in pretty decent shape and if everything is as good as it appears then mills of that type are in my opinion much superior than even a Bridgeport is due to there much more rigid and adaptable design.