End Mill Sharpening Fixture

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Carrdo

End Mill Sharpening Fixture

Post by Carrdo »

Has anyone used or had any experience with the A. K. Tooling Co. end mill sharpening fixture which is used in conjunction with a surface grinder?

See their website: https//aktooling.com

It seems that they only ship within the USA so I guess I am out of luck being in Toronto, Canada.
earlgo

Re: End Mill Sharpening Fixture

Post by earlgo »

An alternate suggestion is a Poly-Choke PC-101. Unfortunately they appear to be no longer made, but there is one on listed on e-bay. The asking price is a bit much, but it is e-bay where everything you need is over-priced.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/POLY-CHOKE-CO- ... SwZFtdT0jz

What is different about the polychoke is the eccentric bushing that allows "backoff" that is not apparent on the A K Tooling item.
I have used the Poly-Choke that I found at an estate sale, and it does a great job on mills and drills.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
johnfreese

Post by johnfreese »

Have any of you PolyChoke owners found a manual for it? I have one but haven't used it because of the time it would take to figure out how to use it properly.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

The one I found is reasonably accurate. My older unit doesn't have all the markings mentioned, but it is easy to interpolate.
The PDF is 3.4 megs in size so it can't be transferred on this website.
Send me a PM with an address and I will send the entire PDF.
Not only johnfreese, but anyone else who needs a copy. The price is right.
PC101 User Manual cover.pdf
cover page
(139.44 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
I searched for the BMC tool company and this tool, with no luck.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.