Looking for Lyman mark 4 info

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

oldgoaly

Looking for Lyman mark 4 info

Post by oldgoaly »

Would like a scan of the schematic or the value of the rheostat/potentiometer/speed controller, I'd like to have one on hand when I take it apart to clean and lubricate it. Thanks!
Attachments
lyman01.jpg
lyman02.jpg
clueless near st.louis
ronm

Re: Looking for Lyman mark 4 info

Post by ronm »

I have a PDF of the manual for the Lyman Mk7, don't know if it would be close enough to do you any good or not. I can post it if you want...may do somebody else some good too, I looked for years before I found this. Don't remember if somebody posted it on this board or somewhere else...Lyman stuff is pretty much orphaned from what I have found... :|
oldgoaly

Post by oldgoaly »

I'd appreciate it, have no paper work at all, if you can post if for all here or send it to oldgoaly AT gmail DOT com. I recently repaired a rocklinizer, no corporate support, nothing online, I was lucky a part was physically broke or it would have been pure heck to trouble shoot. Thanks!
clueless near st.louis
JHenriksen

Post by JHenriksen »

I have a few of the old lyman drives in pieces. I changed to a servo drive a few years ago. If you need some parts, contact me we can see if i have what you need. John
ronm

Post by ronm »

Well, I tried to upload it, but the file's too big... :?
I'll try your email...
oldgoaly

Post by oldgoaly »

Thanks Ron! it will help!!!!
John, Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need something.
clueless near st.louis
ronm

Post by ronm »

Hope it will be of use, Terry...
If anyone else could use the Mk7 manual, PM me or post your email, I'll shoot you a copy...
ronm

Post by ronm »

Just a heads up...
I just sent a copy of the Lyman manual to another member, & was looking at the pdf, & realized that there are 2 pages missing... :? It skips from 1 to 4...
On P. 1, it refers to P. 3 about what to do if the gear mesh is too loose...a problem I definitely didn't have on my mill.
Sorry about that, I had never noticed it before...guess any documentation is better than none on these things, but now I wonder what's on P. 2 & 3... :|
oldgoaly

Post by oldgoaly »

hmmm your right, maybe more installation info? I didn't notice cause I'm looking at the electrical part. I think I have my answer the KBIC controller uses a 5k poteniometer. Thanks for the help!
clueless near st.louis