D&RGW steel caboose in 1.5

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, hwboivin3

TennPass

Re: D&RGW steel caboose in 1.5

Post by TennPass » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for coming along 8 hours after I

a) said there was no place for me to continue to complain about it
b) change my posting to keep interested parties informed but give people living in this century the ability to see images

and posting, just to do what?

Harold_V wrote: Living in remote areas often eliminates the possibility of a fast connection.
You're assuming, Harry, I'm not sitting here posting from a connection that barely rivals DSL speed? I mean I guess to you a 1/4Meg down! would be lightning fast :roll.my.freaking.eyes:

Fact is, I'm one of them, and precious few people do more for this board than I do.
Here, everyone is equal.
Wait, wait, wait. THAT is elitist. Youre putting yourself on a pedestal there guy. I think your equality scale is being tipped by your ego.

Those who aren't stymied by their limited service are able to participate to their level of convenience.
Uh, no. They are held down to participate at others' level of convenience.

Those who are troubled by oversized pictures have the option to click, or not.
I know, right? Seems counter supportive to your whole drivel.

Be thankful that you have the privilege (that's what it is---a privilege, it is NOT a right) to post your links as you do.
Oh my God I was so waiting with bated breath to read this. I just knew you would drop that bomb at some point, and you didn't disappoint. Every mod with power envy tosses it out a time or two just to let us know youre the elite and can put us little folks in our place if need be. Tell me, be honest, you smirked as you typed that didn't you?
And, please, do remember. This board is not about any one particular individual.
Really? It sounds like it's about you.

There is no room for elitists here.

Harold (moderator)
Truly ironic.
Smart move, assuming you hope to share your projects with the readers.
Smart move, Harry, was for a mod to recognize when a post is no longer relevant to the conversation and other "levels of convienence by this elitist" has been resolved. But you do you, making points long after the fact.
Actually I no longer care to share. Lock the thread up.

NP317

Post by NP317 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Wow! Sad response.
I respect the work Harold puts into this Discussion Board, especially sharing his knowledge and experience.
Thank you, Harold.
'Nuf said.
~RN

prlawiii

Post by prlawiii » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:08 am

That someone could think that Harold "smirked" as he exercised his moderator power just goes to show how little the poster has observed about the considerate way in which this board operates. This board is so not "about Harold" but is a board about sharing with polite consideration for others and I for one, am thankful daily for the way in which it operates and the information that is so freely shared without the "elitism" or flaming that is so prevalent on other locations.

Herman
Just starting an Allen Mogul
renewing a Marie Estelle

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:29 am

Thanks, gentlemen, for your supportive comments.
Some folks just "don't get it", but I suspect that's going to change quickly in this case. I won't tolerate junior high bully behavior on this board.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Cabbagestack

Post by Cabbagestack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:03 am

TennPass wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 am
I've updated my blog, and loaded more photo's to it than I included here.
If you guys have questions or comments please direct them here as I don't reply to the blog.
link removed by Harold
when I click on the link it says:
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

TennPass

Post by TennPass » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:36 am

Cabbagestack wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:03 am
when I click on the link it says:
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
You can thank Harry for that. The guy whose "character" I "attacked", apparently (I'd like know where?). He had to jump on his horse and thump his chest for all the hear, I guess to justify himself. Not only did he swoop in late to the game, he couldn't leave well enough alone and "warned me" of my "antics". Oh, dear, someone dare have an opinion and rebuttal to the all mighty Harry :roll:
prlawii wrote: That someone could think that Harold "smirked" as he exercised his moderator power just goes to show how little the poster has observed about the considerate way in which this board operates. This board is so not "about Harold" but is a board about sharing with polite consideration for others and I for one, am thankful daily for the way in which it operates and the information that is so freely shared without the "elitism" or flaming that is so prevalent on other locations.
Smirked ... more of a power trip.
I understood why the limit for images, which is why I conceded to link my blog rather than load pics to a third party site, find out they are too large, edit them there, and then relink here, a process which is completely different if doing so from a computer or a mobile device, AND effects any OTHER FORUM they may be linked to. "Consider" the process someone has to go through just to be "considerate" to someone here. As I stated, not something I was going to do just for one forum, and therefore was going to link my blog for all interested. And then along comes the long arm of the law Harry labeling that elitism, swinging his authority stick LONG after the fact. :roll:
Harry wrote:I won't tolerate junior high bully behavior on this board.
Says the junior high bully. You're freaking delusional Harry. Not only have YOU been the one to attack ME behind the guise of your moderator status and passive threats, you're the one running out on the field blowing your whistle long after the play was over. You're a shining Dunning-Kruger example.

If Harold wants to flex his steel, lets put it all out there then. This is what he sent me. Talk about a Hall-Monitor (Mr Junior High Bully) with a power trip problem all because someone voiced their displeasure with image limits :shock: "Respect My AUTHORITY" is right! Emphasis added by me... dude is in left field
Your recent post in regards to the board operational procedures and mandates is uncalled for. You are not free to attack the character of others of this board, and that includes the administrator, the owner, and me (I did this where?). The owner and administrator are responsible for board policy, policy that you will observe if you hope to enjoy the use of this board. (There you go being passive aggressive again. You're good at that.)

What you are free to do is to display respect (But not you, right? You haven't earned my respect), and if you can't do that, don't display anything. You are also free to find another venue, one in which you can voice your self centered opinions. (I've already pointed out your hypocrisy there Harry, do I need to again?) Understand that I will not tolerate any of your antics.(Those would be what? Disagreeing with you? Having an opinion on something? Pointing out your hypocrisy?) Anything beyond what has been already been posted will result in consequences that you may or may not enjoy.(Ah, internet bullying, one step above Junior High.) Make your choices accordingly.

Harold
Last edited by TennPass on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:38 pm

A pity that this individual finds it more convenient to misbehave than to cooperate with the administration of the board. He won't be missed, and he will no longer benefit from the board in promoting himself. He was fairly warned.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Thank you, Harold!

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 pm

You're welcome, Marty.
I found it rather strange that a new reader couldn't find any good in the free service that is offered here. No regard for the inconvenience of others, and certainly no respect for the owner of the board and the simple rules that have been set forth. There was nothing to be gained by the attitude he chose. It could have been very different with just a little understanding and humility displayed. He chose the low road.

H

nabob

Post by nabob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:52 pm

The original poster has evidently had similar experiences elsewhere, without changing his behavior. The last post by Harold V. is right on. I am amazed by the knowledge, experience and generosity of the board members and moderators, administrators, owner and all. The work of all is much appreciated by this raw beginner; keep up the good (no---excellent) work. nabob

neanderman

Post by neanderman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:37 am

Thank you, Harold. Good riddance!!!

And happy Holidays to all of the brethren who value civility.
Ed

Le Blond Dual Drive
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"