Freelance marine boiler

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

FKreider

Re: Freelance marine boiler

Post by FKreider »

Very nice work!!
-Frank K.
milwiron

Post by milwiron »

Nicely done and an excellent lesson in quality workmanship for all of us.
Denny
"Measure twice, curse once."
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

NP317 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:58 pm OK. Something changed with this Chaski software. This same picture used to post upright! Frustrating.
Think southern hemisphere...
IMG_3238.JPG
The problem with upside down pictures is, apparently, something new with the software and has been reported and well discussed. There may be a fix available. It may not happen immediately.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Steamer Al

Post by Steamer Al »

Thanks for the nice words guys! Its not the most complicated project but its sure been fun. Almost a year into it now.

Alex
Steamer Al

Post by Steamer Al »

Well I had my first steam up of the boiler the other day. Raises steam very fast, and keeps up with the 1/2"x1x2" oscillating engine no problem. In fact, I had to switch to using naphtha gas in the burner, as kerosene wouldn't vaporize properly with the burner turned down so much! I may experiment with a different vaporizing coil, as from a safety standpoint I'd prefer kerosene if I can.

Next step is to fabricate a hand water feed pump, so I can run it longer than 10 minutes at a time haha. I intend on doing extensive bench testing on this one (still working out a couple kinks with the burner), as being a remote controlled boat I won't be able to keep a close watch on it at all times.

Alex
Attachments
20210418_203035.jpg
20210418_203029.jpg
20210419_072854.jpg
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Nice progress!
Your burner looks good.
RussN