2-1/2" NG class A shay.

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, hwboivin3

makinsmoke

Re: 2-1/2" NG class A shay.

Postby makinsmoke » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Man, those are se pretty welds.

Pipeline quality!

Brian Hilgert

Postby Brian Hilgert » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks Jcbrock,

Electric is not so cheap here, but like you said, it is a lot easier for the initial setup. My garage is 25 x 31 with the barn style roof, the upstairs is about 25x25. I'm using R13 Batts for the walls 2x4 walls. I could have went with R15 but I didn't think it was worth the extra money. Not sure what I am going to put on the second story ceiling. the current old furnace that I have is 75,000 btu's.

I was in the shop at lunchtime, Darn it is cold in there. I do not think I'm going to get the heat in there before the real winter hits.

Thanks for the tip rkcarguy. I'll mention it to my friend who is actually doing the welding... Hence the Pretty welds. LOL Mine are functional but not so pretty.

Brian Hilgert

Postby Brian Hilgert » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am

I just talked to a guy this past weekend that has a heat pump for his garage. It seems that the technology has come a long way and that they do work down to 10 deg or something like that. I'm going to look into it and see how much it would be. I was told that would be able to control the upstairs and downstairs separately too.

Return to “Build Log”