Show your Park Gauge train

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
Glenn Brooks

Re: Show your Park Gauge train

Post by Glenn Brooks »

John,

+1 on what J. R. said. Love to see some photos. Also of your other locos.

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
John Landrum

Post by John Landrum »

New to the forum. I have an 18" gauge railway in Texas. One piece f equipment is a 1922 Cagney steam outline, gasoline locomotive. Of ten, she is the only one known to exist in operating condition. My steam engine has an interesting history as it was built by the T&P Railway for their company amusement park. It was one of two and I am currently looking at re-gauging it and rebuilding the boiler which is what brings me to this forum. I am going to try and post this pic but it may not allow. The file size say's 1.8 but it may not like it anyway.
Attachments
101_0822.JPG
John Landrum

Post by John Landrum »

Now I will try the pic of the two engines together and see if it takes them.
John Landrum

Post by John Landrum »

Well. until I figure out how to resize the file to get below the miniscule 2.0MB limit that is about all I can post
John Landrum

Post by John Landrum »

I also have a diesel which until recently I thought was an MTC but have since learned that it is an Arrow Industries locomotive and 4 coaches
Will's 2882

Post by Will's 2882 »

You say that you want to regauge your steam Loco, what gauge is it now?
STRR

Post by STRR »

Hello John,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see a new member especially in Grand Scale.

Please tell more about the Arrow. Is it a streamliner? Would love to see some photos. I know how picky this forum is about photos.

Thank You,
Terry
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

John, it's a real treat to see your 18" Cagney. I didn't think any existed these days. Wonderful that you have preserved this example. Thanks for posting!

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

John Landrum wrote:Well. until I figure out how to resize the file to get below the miniscule 2.0MB limit that is about all I can post
Hmmm. Miniscule 2.0 MB?
Do you understand that a picture with respectable clarity can be posted 1024 x 768 that is only 100 kb in size? I've seen them even smaller, and very acceptable in clarity.

One thing all readers need to keep in mind. There are folks who don't have high speed connections. For them, a 2 MB picture spells failure of their ability to read that particular thread. Make your pictures no larger in file size than is necessary if you hope to have all readers enjoy your contributions.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

John Landrum wrote: One piece f equipment is a 1922 Cagney steam outline, gasoline locomotive. Of ten, she is the only one known to exist in operating condition. .
John; Regarding the 18" gauge Cagney steam outline locomotive. I'm not sure where you got your information but there were many more than ten built. And at least one other survives in original operating condition owned by Dick Franks and in use at his Bucktail Campground in Mansfield, Pennsylvania.
Attached is a photo of a non-operable 18" Cagney gasoline powered locomotive at the Detroit Zoo. There are several others there that were highly modified by the Chrysler company and made it to streamlined steam outline locomotives.

Keith
Attachments
Detroit Zoo
Detroit Zoo
John Landrum

Post by John Landrum »

I was aware of the one in Detroit that is stuffed and mounted and I would love to see Mr. Franks engine. Is he a member of this forum? Also, I had never heard of Chrysler doing anything to any Cagney's, I would like to know more about these engines as well.

John
John Landrum

Post by John Landrum »

Harold_V wrote:
John Landrum wrote:Well. until I figure out how to resize the file to get below the miniscule 2.0MB limit that is about all I can post
Hmmm. Miniscule 2.0 MB?
Do you understand that a picture with respectable clarity can be posted 1024 x 768 that is only 100 kb in size? I've seen them even smaller, and very acceptable in clarity.

One thing all readers need to keep in mind. There are folks who don't have high speed connections. For them, a 2 MB picture spells failure of their ability to read that particular thread. Make your pictures no larger in file size than is necessary if you hope to have all readers enjoy your contributions.

Harold
My problem Harold, is that my camera does not take small pictures and I am not yet familiar enough with it and the site to post them at a smaller size. With advise and patience I can figure this thing out though!