24" Gauge Nationals Available

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
JR May

24" Gauge Nationals Available

Post by JR May »

If anyone was interested, there are two 24” gauge National Amusement locomotives for sale here in central NJ. They are on ebay and I believe on DLS as well, but I have been in direct contact with the seller as well.

Nationals tend to be the Rodney Dangerfield of park train locomotives in that they get very little respect, tend to be a little homely, but they are work horses. A very simple mechanical drive train with a tractor motor they are virtually indestructible and quite heavy coming in at about 3800 pounds.

The seller is willing to split the set up, selling an individual locomotive for $3600. I’m only really interested in one of the bodies for a chassis that I have with no body. Would anyone be interested in a locomotive minus the body? Somehow split the costs of one locomotive?

Let me know if anyone would like to work something out,
J.R. May
Wall, NJ
jrmay@monmouth.com
Attachments
s-l16002.jpg
s-l1600.jpg