Grand Scale at Train Mountain

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
Loco112

Grand Scale at Train Mountain

Post by Loco112 »

Think about how much better TM would be if it had 5-10 miles of dual gauge 15" & 24" gauge track... I'd pack up and my family and move there permanently if that existed. Bless
RussellCofIdaho

Re: Grand Scale at Train Mountain

Post by RussellCofIdaho »

Would be gorgeous! I think the larger gauges are much more stable and 'people friendly' but 7.5" is really popular for backyards and above, WAY above in the case of Train Mountain.

I really like the setup in Tilden park, Oakland, California with the Golden Gate Live Steamers and the Redwood Valley Railway 15" gauge running separate, nearby routes.
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...
FLSTEAM

Re: Grand Scale at Train Mountain

Post by FLSTEAM »

I would be all for it except that I have already sold my 15" Mogul. Oh well I had fun with it while I owned it.

John B.