Grand Scale catalogs

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
Loco112

Grand Scale catalogs

Post by Loco112 »

Has anyone got any catalogues from Grand Scale builders and suppliers? These often include old info which can be very useful to us modern Grand scalers.

The following are some of the companies that might have had a catalogue:

Winton Engineering.
Keystone light Equipment Co.
McDermott Locomotive Works.
Sandley, I have one from the mid 1980's.
Little Engines 1952 (Neiracker Hudson)
Mammoth Locomotive Works
Urich locomotive Works,, Strausberg, CO.
Crown
Loveland Steel, (steel rails, mining track supplies)
There must be more.

Are there any that I missed that could add something to the information collection ?

If a catalog has even one good page of grand scale in it, I'd like to scan it and have it included into this information compilation.
RussellCofIdaho

Re: Grand Scale catalogs

Post by RussellCofIdaho »

I believe I have a couple of these in my files SOMEWHERE. One of my Crown catalogs is scanned here:

http://www.trainweb.org/NarrowGaugeNews/crown.html

More info here:
http://www.trainweb.org/NarrowGaugeNews/crowninfo.html

I haven't updated these pages in 12 years so none of the links work anymore...
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...