Green Bay Wi National Railroad museum

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
thej611

Green Bay Wi National Railroad museum

Post by thej611 »

Quick question . I believe there a a couple grand scale Steam engines at the Museum here in Green Bay ? Does anyone have any info on these engines ?

Thank you
PRR5406

Re: Green Bay Wi National Railroad museum

Post by PRR5406 »

There is a very old live steamer set in a garden outside the building, a gorgeous 4-4-0 in 1/8th scale in the lobby, a grand scale "sort of" Hudson in the museum store being used as a display, and a builders model of the Aerotrain in the museum itself.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Any photos available? I tried to access their website and couldn’t find any miniature train images at all. I’d be very interested in seeing what old steamer in the garden looks like...

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
thej611

Post by thej611 »

I will get there and get some pictures soon and post them
LIALLEGHENY

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Builders model
Builders model
Model in lobby
Model in lobby
Taken last September, 2018.
Attachments
Model in parking lot
Model in parking lot
In book store
In book store
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Impressive displays. Any background on who made the steamers or what scale?

Didn’t expect to see the Streamliner when I opened the link. Also, the metal ties welded to the rails are 1915 vintage. The rail, at least is likely that old...
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

The passenger cars for the Streamliner are supporting display tables in the gift shop. If you don't look under the tables, you will miss them. When we were out there, nobody seemed to know any of the history of it and I didn't find any builders plate or such.

Jim B