A wish list for large scale castings

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
NP317

Re: A wish list for large scale castings

Post by NP317 »

When you say "...with a 1 1/2" pocket..."
Are you referring to 1-1/2" diameter pocket
or 1 1/2" scale?
Confusing language. Or I need more coffee.
Russ
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Russ, more coffee is always a good thing. But want I did mean to say is the diameter of the pocket itself should be around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2”. It needs enuf circumference to hold an actual pole. Actually I suppose it could be smaller if one tapers the pole...

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Thanks for the clarification.
:lol:
RussN
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Poling pockets? Easy peasy. Those might be out sooner than you think.... Keep 'em comin', guys! I already have those in 1.5"ish, by the by.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

mattmason wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 pm That's awesome Scotty. I will look for your PM. I have a ton of wheels, just no frames--yet..
Matt:
We have the first set done. I will PM you photos and info. I don't wish to hijack this thread.
Scotty