New build..But not yet

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
K. Browers

Re: New build..But not yet

Post by K. Browers »

Hello Friends.
Here is a photo of some of the bogie castings.
Farlie Bogie castings 2.jpg
As you can see no chips yet. :wink:
Karel
K. Browers

Post by K. Browers »

Hello Friends,
How time fly's. I put a kit together for the truck build I hope to share. I have also done a bit of preparation of the parts...
IMG_9415.JPG
I wanted to show everything in its rough state but i just couldn't help myself, impatience got the best of me. :D
Cheers
Karel
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Karen,

Good to see concrete progress. Good looking castings.

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
K. Browers

Post by K. Browers »

Hi Glenn,
I am very happy with the castings. The size compared to the Sweet William 7 1/4 gauge engine I had done at the same time was surprising. Of course I knew they would be bigger but having them side by side was telling. I will need to make a few metrology tools before I can make a real start on my parts though. You know making tools to make tools to make our parts... :wink: :D
Cheers
Karel
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Karel, hope you doing doing OK.

Just wanted to pass along some info that might be useful to you in the Philippines. A new study out of China says the anti malaria drug - hydroxychorolquine can be a useful treatment for the Covid19 virus. Works for some people, not others. Generally this drug has some anti viral properties...

Also, Vitamin D supplements are recommended to improve immune response.

Take care, and be carful out their. This virus is extremely dangerous.

Glenn

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

K. Browers

Post by K. Browers »

Hi Glenn,
Thank you for your concern. My family and I are fine here. Life goes on. We are restricting outside contact. I do go to work to keep the home fires burning and to make sure my people are OK. We live outside of the city about 50 miles so we are not packed in like sardines and luckily none of us need to travel much so outside contact for all of us is as little as practical. We will see what the future holds. I know many of us like myself are in the higher risk category lets all be safe and do what we can for ourselves our loved ones and those other that might need a hand.

And please no toilet paper hoarding! :D :D

On a positive note I probably have all my paying work caught up this week that leaves me two weeks of more quarantine to work on my engine... I sort of look forward to that...
Cheers
Karel
K. Browers

Post by K. Browers »

Sorry I neglected your useful information.. Yes I saw that also... Finding it here might be the problem... In my research of the virus I have found it can cause severe diarrhea this can lead to dehydration and that can cascade into far worse problems so drink plenty of water and perhaps purchase a few re-hydration packets at the drug store.
Thanks
Karel
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Excellent info, thanks.