15" gauge railroad for sale in Maine

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
OddDuck

15" gauge railroad for sale in Maine

Post by OddDuck »

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 679490347/
Just thought I'd give a heads up, looks like a lot of stuff for the price.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
LVRR2095

Re: 15" gauge railroad for sale in Maine

Post by LVRR2095 »

That is the late Andy Anderson’s equipment.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

I looked at a foundry furnace they had listed several years ago, didn't see the trains but there was quite the pile of rail. They wanted quite a bit more for it at that time.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Andy had a much modified live steam Cagney locomotive as well. That is currently on display at the Boothbay Railway Village. in Boothbay, Maine.
Andy had a large collection of stationary steam engines including a very large marine engine from one of the lake steamers. How Andy dragged that up from the bottom of the lake I will never know! And he got it to run again too!