Alcalde & Coalfield High Line

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

JBodenmann

Re: Alcalde & Coalfield High Line

Post by JBodenmann » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:53 pm

Hello My Friends
It's Thanksgiving Day here in the high mountain desert, well actually it's Thanksgiving Day all over. It's a beautiful day here and it's a great time to be thankful for all that we have. Wonderful friends, the greatest hobby, and a website like we have here to share information, and the things that we make.
And I'm thankful for my friends that have helped me build my dream railway.
Meet4.jpeg
Steamingdon mentioned how clean the steaming bay area is. I always said that I would not have dirt or gravel under the steaming bays. This actually makes it easy to keep clean. For ashes dumped, there is a dust pan and broom. For grease and spilled beer there are hoses and drains here and there in the brick work. I actually look forward to stains and such on the bricks. That would be evidence of steam locomotives marking their presence, which would be evidence of good times. :D
kcareron you are very welcome. I'm always glad to share information and help out when I can. Before I started building the railway I asked others what they had done concerning high lines and such, and got a lot of valuable tips.
Happy Thanksgiving
Jack

bushav

Re: Alcalde & Coalfield High Line

Post by bushav » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:10 pm

It’s an amazing project.

I ask neighbors to enjoy my Citrus trees and throw the peels on my manicured grass. It reminds me that the fruit is being enjoyed!
New to live steam
Building 3/4” 4-8-4 Northern &
1” 4-6-2 Pacific