Gene Allen Celebration of Life

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Harlock

Gene Allen Celebration of Life

Post by Harlock »

I've been asked to pass this on:

A Celebration of Gene's life will be held at 11:00am on July 16, at the Goleta Depot, 300 North Los Carneros Road, Goleta CA.

Regards,

-Mike
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
cbrew

Re: Gene Allen Celebration of Life

Post by cbrew »

I cant be there but will be sure to sound the whistle in his honor that day at 11 am
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
Solar1953

Post by Solar1953 »

Me, too!!
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

I am torn about going or not going. It would be a honor, life is a little up side down here. I have to be at the foundry the day before to pick up casting for order that are out standing. But still its very important to be there. I need to work this out somehow. I had never met the man but being the owner of the company that he started make me feel that its a must.
This is the man that gave all of us a start into the hobby with low price and easy Locomotives to build. I have his Rolodex with costumer names of parts he sold to. I have never counted the names to see how many he sold but looking at it 200 to 300 names.
The stories from costumer that I have talk to is amazing in it own. Did you know that he road horse? Calls from costumer in the morning coming from the east cost at 5 o'clock in the morning. His wife answer one and toll the costumer that it was time for him to get out of bed anyway and handed the phone to him. The costumer said it was like a afternoon call and no difference. Gene was always happy to help the costumer. Boy I hope I don't get a call that early. This is a man that gave a lot to hobby and never gave up, good or bad.
I talk to his son and believe there was a great connection with his dad. He would drive him around to foundry's and track events. The one time I saw him was in Sacramento 5 years ago. I was not an Allen Model costumer and found no reason to walk up to him and introduce myself. Boy that was a mistake. I had no idea that I would once own the company that he started or continue on using Allen Models from his name. It is a privilege to continue this company in his name sake. I truly hope there is a big turn out of people.

Thank you Gene Allen and may your head rest on the clowns of our stack smoke.

Steve Alley