Eccentric Engineer: New supplier. Injectors and more!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Eccentric Engineer: New supplier. Injectors and more!

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hello everyone!

I would like to formally introduce myself as a new supplier to our hobby under the name Eccentric Engineer.
Some of you may have seen my Facebook Page where I've been posting updates on my projects, but I'm finally far enough on a couple projects that I feel comfortable announcing them here.

Standard Injector
First and foremost is something that is greatly needed in our hobby right now. Injectors!
I'm very pleased to announce my "Standard Injector" which is already in production with a first run of 16 units.
I have a working prototype which performs very well, capable of lifting water and delivering 4.5 pints per minute (comparable to SuperScale or an Ohlenkamp). Pipe connections are 5/16" and overflow is threaded 3/8"-32. Projected price will be $350.

I will not take deposits or reservations. As with everything I make, they will be for sale when they are ready to ship. I am anticipating this first small batch to sell very quickly, but I would appreciate expression of interests with contact information so I know how many castings to order for the next batch.
Standard Injector 1.jpg
2.5" Scale Nathan Monitor Injector
I am very excited to announce the first super-detailed injector for those of us that model 2.5" scale narrow gauge.
The Monitor injector is found on many narrow gauge locomotives, and the detail on this injector is uncompromising to the prototype.
I have had a test injector on my C&S mogul for almost a year and it has been my primary water source delivering 6 pints per minute. 30% more water than a SuperScale injector.
This injector will lift on its own, but it will also feature an operational priming valve. This means water can be lifted into the injector without opening the main steam valve. This redundancy means no more dumping cold water on an injector to get it to lift!

These are not yet in production, but molds are underway! Again, expressions of interest would be greatly appreciated. I anticipate the first batch to be completed before the end of the year.
Nathan_Monitor 9.jpg

Nathan 1918A Non-Lifting Injector
A super-detailed non-lifting injector is something I feel is also missing from our hobby, and the 1918A was found on many locomotives, from small 0-6-0's to heavy SP 4-6-2's, these were up to the task. These will deliver 4.5 pints per minute, and while they are denoted as "non-lifting," they will not require gravity feed to prime, and will start automatically.

This injector is in the final stages of design and is nearly ready for a 3D printed prototype. The rapid prototyped model serves to figure out exactly how the body will be held for machining and where I will need extra machine stock, etc, before making hard tooling.
Nathan 1918A.jpg
Nathan 1921 Balanced Lever Injector Starting Valve
This valve was used along with the 1918A injector, and there were a wide variety of ways it could be installed.
It was perhaps most commonly installed in or in-front of the cab within reach of the operator with a steam pipe leading down to the injector.
With the flange connections, it can also be mounted directly on top of the 1918A injector. In this case the lever was operated through extensions up into the cab.

Molds for this starting valve are almost done, and I expect to see the first batch completed within a year. Target price is $250 but that is subject to change.
1921 Starter Valve 2.jpg
1921 Starter Valve.jpg
Pipe Fittings
Lastly under development is a full line of pipe fittings in 3/16", 1/4" and 5/16".
90 and 45 Elbows, 90 and 45 street elbows, tees, and couplings.
I hope to have fittings ready to ship by mid-year.

I'm so excited to finally share what I've been working on, and I'm greatly looking forward to serving our hobby.
Thank you for reading!

Anthony Duarte
Eccentric Engineer
jcbrock

Re: Eccentric Engineer: New supplier. Injectors and more!

Post by jcbrock »

Sweet! I'll raise my hand for a 2.5" scale injector, I'll pm my contact info.
John Brock
Fender

Post by Fender »

Over what pressure range will these operate?
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

40psi - 125psi is gauranteed. My boiler is set to 125psi so I have not had the opportunity to test them to 150.
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Darn

I need a Hancock Type H-NL Non-Lifting Inspirator for my engine.

Do you have any check valves in the works?

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Interested in a 2.5" scale Nathan.

Regards,
Mountaineer.
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

No check valves at the moment, but I do intend to make them at some point. Sooner rather than later.
SteamHeaton

Post by SteamHeaton »

Very nice !!! Looking forward to owning some of your appliances . Nice job.
dregs484

Post by dregs484 »

Hi Anthony

Very interested in 2X monitor injectors.
Railroading : Two Foot Gauge (USA) on 5" Track in Australia

24" between the rails : The Maine Standard Gauge.
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

I know Anthony and will vouch for the quality of his products. It is exciting to see 2 1/2" scale injectors offered on a commercial basis.
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
Brian Hilgert

Post by Brian Hilgert »

Interested in 2- 2.5" monitor injectors. do you have a target price?

Thanks,
Brian
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Thanks Brian, my target price for the Monitors is $1,650.
Considering offering a discount for folks ordering two together.

-Anthony