Truman Hefner called home

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

makinsmoke

Truman Hefner called home

Post by makinsmoke »

I received information regarding Truman Hefner being called
from the LOCO group.

Amy and I are so sorry to hear of Truman's passing. He was a kind man
and a gentleman and we will always remember him running those Santa Fe F units and stainless cars around the C&IG.

If I remember correctly Roy Pickard said in that Robinson video that the C&IG was relatively unknown until Truman rode around one year with a video camera and then showed it to lots of people. And the rest they say is history.

The Comanche and Indian Gap Railroad owes Truman a huge debt.

High greens, Truman.

Brian
Mikadoguy

Re: Truman Hefner called home

Post by Mikadoguy »

I remember Truman very well. He was once the owner of Cannon Ball who his daughter now owns. He was a great man and Accepted to become a member at LOCO just outside of Oklahoma City. I was honored to be part of the members board and helped start the fun run and bi directional with pot luck dinner. I even worked on there Railroad Supply diesel that they got from train mountain. I replaced the drive shaft in it. Also supplied them with rail joiners from my dad so they were able to expand their railroad. He had called my dad a few months ago to order more rail joiners from us. Although my time at LOCO was short lived due to being active army, I will always remember the great friends there. Truman was a great guy and he treated you like family. He sure will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Rest in peace my friend.

Steve
dwilloughby

Post by dwilloughby »

Way back in 1997 I met Truman at Train Mountain. He was the lead in the 'A' team that September. With the help of couple of Canadians, Cliff and Mike, Paul from New Mexico and myself, we set the standard for track laying that year. We laid an impressive 1000 feet per day for four days straight. Thanks Truman you really make it happen.
dnevil

Post by dnevil »

More information on Truman can be found here:

http://ibls.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Truman_Hefner

My condolences to his family and friends.

Regards,
Daris
Daris Nevil
IBLS Secretary
North American Region
http://www.ibls.org