brass sales in the Cleveland area

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

squandt

brass sales in the Cleveland area

Post by squandt »

Hello all, I am trying to find a supply house in the Cleveland Ohio area that sells to our hobbie.Found one that sells steel, alum, and s/s that you can go pick up.Have not found one for brass or bronze that do not want an arm and leg to ship ( know it is ups that set price). If an one knows of one please let me know. Thanks :D
stay on the shine side of the rail
dampfmann

Re: brass sales in the Cleveland area

Post by dampfmann »

I also live in the Cleveland, OH area and have had similar difficulty finding a local supplier of brass stock in small quantities. If you find anyone in the area, please share the company's name.

I have been purchasing brass from speedymetals.com (not to be confused with" spee-d metals" in Eastlake, OH) for several years. I suggest you call and place your order over the phone. For some reason, the prices listed on-line are often MUCH higher than the prices quoted over the phone. Shipping costs are quite high, but if you place a larger order, the shipping becomes more economical.

Marty
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Another option is ebay.

Unless you need a long piece, you can get a lot of metal bars in a small flat-rate box for $7 shipping.

You can get long pieces on ebay too, but it won't be flat rate and will be priced by the pound.

I once got 60lbs of dura-bar for $13 in a medium flat-rate box.

Steve
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I also use Ebay. They frequently have odd shapes which are just what I am looking for.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"