Drawings for 3' Narrow Gauge Bettendorf & Andrews trucks

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Brian Hilgert

Re: Drawings for 3' Narrow Gauge Bettendorf & Andrews trucks

Post by Brian Hilgert »

Berkman wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:35 pm didn't someone start a WPY 70 class 2-8-2 in 2.5 inch scale ?

Also surprising no one has built a EBT 2-8-2 or a ETWNC 4-6-0 in 2.5 inch scale.
Hello Berkman, EBT #18 is my next project after I finish my Shay.
I have the frame finished and all the wheels casted. Below is a pic, sorry about the messy shop.
Frame and Drivers
Frame and Drivers
Hello Dave, Any information that you would be willing to share on the Vulcan tender trucks that was used behind #18, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
B
davidqueener

Post by davidqueener »

Brian,

I am more than happy to help and share the drawings that I have with you. Please shoot me an e-mail offline and I will reply to you with the file or set up a download on DropBox. Dave at CumberlandModelEngineering dot com

Dave Q
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

A story about the narrow gauge 2-8-2 in Skagway. Eight of us from the Alaska Live Steamers loaded ourselves into a motor home for a trip to Skagway, Whitehorse, Chicken, and Dawson about 35 years ago. (Just after WP&Y #73 was returned to service.) At the Skaqway museum we notice that the leaf spring on the trailing truck had slipped out of its mounting. While the rest of us were pondering if it could be corrected, one of the group quietly went to the motor home, brought back a bottle jack, and started jacking up the corner of the locomotive. The spring was quickly returned to it's proper placement, but only after it had come out and fallen into my lap.

In Skagway, we noticed that the Porter 0-4-0 at the museum was missing a piston rod. This was when the Klondike Mines Railway engines were still outside. We found a piece of water pipe laying around that was the right size and length and stuck it into place. When we saw the same locomotive at Railfair in Vancouver in the mid-1990s it had been cosmetically restored (including solder-type plumbing fittings on the backhead!), but that piece of water pipe was right where we left it. It may still be there to this day.

On the same trip, one of our group rode on top of the motor home for a considerable part of the trip between Skagway and Carcross so he could film #73.

Ah, to be young and foolish again!
Loco112

Post by Loco112 »

The tender trucks on the USATC 190 class 2-8-2s. It looks very much like a standard gauge A-3 Ride Control truck side frame, but with a shortened wheelbase and narrow gauge bolster. Has anyone seen any drawings for this?
If it was also the trucks retrofitted to the 70 class tenders, I'm familiar with it. The Scindia State RY also used this on their 1948 Baldwin 2" Mikado. Its a General Steel Castings side frame I believe. I might have it, not sure. The GSC archive is out there somewhere, all it takes in money.