Anyone printing in wax?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Rich_Carlstedt

Re: Anyone printing in wax?

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Here you go Paul
The gears are very small and accurate bevel gears
The small gear is a bit over 3/8" and the large gear is 1-3/8" OD
The Pump body is a little over 2 inches long and you can read the raised print that says " Patented...."
That printed lettering is about 1 1/8 inches long
Richhttp://whttp://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/download/f ... 1127d8b685
Attachments
Gears
Gears
Steam Pump
Steam Pump
Sandiapaul

Post by Sandiapaul »

Thanks Rich, parts look great!
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

A couple of comments on the Formlab's machine.
Since I am not a 3 D Printer geek, I do not know the various tools available so I will
only refer to the Formlab's 2 unit.
They offer free software that lets you determine the quantity, size, and position and orientation of the part and the " Supports".
In my case, I did not want any supports near the lettering, so I fabricated the pump vertically ( more Time !)
Run the part with cheaper liquid and determine if the supports are in the right place/position
The more supports, the more post-processing that must be done. but they do allow the supports to neck down where they attach to the body of the part.
Some of the printers were used quite heavily at the tech school and the lazer comes up from the bottom and passes through special Glass to impinge on the liquid ( Parts are made upside down compared to a filament style (plastic wire) printer). After a period of time the glass starts to diffuse the Lazer beam and scatter the beam in the most used part of the glass ( generally the middle ) so I used new glass.
I found this out when parts made in the middle ( my lettering) were obliterated and tyhe same part near the edge of the glass was clean.
Rich