Thank you FLLS!!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

amadlinger

Thank you FLLS!!

Post by amadlinger »

Hi all,

The Finger Lakes Live Steamers' 50th Anniversary Meet is now in the history books, and boy was it a good one. The FLLS membership has done a marvelous job with the recent expansion projects on both the 4-3/4" and 7-1/4" tracks; in particular, the new bridge on the 7-1/4" added a lot of scenic interest, lengthened the ride, and also now offers additional routes for the engineer to select to take when going around the railroad. The club facility itself was in tip-top shape, and moreover the membership could not have been nicer and more welcoming.

THANK YOU Finger Lakes for the great time!!

Sincerely,
Adam
Benjamin Maggi

Re: Thank you FLLS!!

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I couldn't agree more with Adam's sentiments. Not only was the track in perfect shape, but the hosts were super friendly and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I got my first exposure to the live steam hobby at FLLS in 1987 and never really lost it. It was nice to "go home" and see all the amazing things they have done over the past three decades (and certainly the past five year!)
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
mwierowski

Post by mwierowski »

Thank you Adam for the kind words and to everyone that came to visit. We really enjoyed seeing everyone. It’s been a while since I have seen two steam locomotives double heading around the railroad and was really nice to see that again.

Thanks,
Mike Wierowski
FLLS Vice President

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

I've just sent an email to Roger, concerning the excellent planning and support around this meet. Not only were the meals generous and delicious, the provision of cases of ice water around the area was a stroke of genius, rather than a stroke from heat! The meet was superb on every level, and lots of groups could really learn from this outstanding gathering!
Excellent.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Dave Bortz

Post by Dave Bortz »

Finger lakes 2019.jpg
My hats off to the crew at the FLLS... Everything was well run, in great condition and everyone was more than willing to help with whatever we needed. Trying to get the Nixon, Kremers, Rittenberg, Nuskey "switcher" locos together was a great try that I would love to do again soon. The new expansion has really added great variety, operating opportunities and a much longer run to an already nice track to run on.

Absolutely thanks to all the Finger Lakes members that paid attention to all the details, "herded the cats" and put together a great meet. I am so glad I made the trip to be a part of the 50th celebration. I truly had a great time, and I know all that attended did as well.

Sincerely
David Bortz
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Dave and Tom, thanks for herding the Camels!

-Dick
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
GO&PRR

Post by GO&PRR »

What a great time! Have meet quite a few FLLS'er's at the Florida meets, so knew the drive up would be well worth it! Kudos to you guys for such a nice place and it conveys all the hard work everyone has put into it. And also thanks to all the steamers running, allowing me to have a coal smoke 'fix'! Nothing better, coal smoke and hot cylinder oil!

Thank you for allowing me to set up a vendor table (Iron Horse Supply) of the Camel parts. I believe between seeing the three running, along with the castings, has moved them off top dead center! So there should be some more joining the 'heard'! Thank you Camel owners, for sharing with me the great history of these gems.

Thanks again to all you members and guests that made this one heck of a memorable fantastic 50th anniversary meet.
Attachments
Iron Horse Supply vendor table view1 (Ed Archer) 08012019.JPG
Best Steaming,
Ed Archer
Iron Horse Supply Corp.
www.ironhorsesupplycorp.com
ihsc775@gmail.com
ed.archer@ironhorsesupplycorp.com

Camelback #1173, 7-1/2" gauge, propane (a Leo M.'s build)
E6 #462 Atlantic (Saturated Steam), coal
3.2 scale 040 Vulcan 7-1/2 gauge, coal
12 ton 1936 040 Vulcan 2ft gauge, oil

"One with weak mind...Has strong legs"