Looking for Information Bill Van Brocklin engines in Hawaii

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Pat Fahey

Re: Looking for Information Bill Van Brocklin engines in Hawaii

Post by Pat Fahey »

From Article out of Modeltec Photo by George broad of Bill's shop Highly Cropped by Pat Fahey
From Article out of Modeltec Photo by George broad of Bill's shop Highly Cropped by Pat Fahey
Hi Larry
How are you and Ellen doing, the engine you are talking about, is number # 40. In the article that George Broad of Modeltec Magazine did on Billy, shows Bill's shop, and number 40 under construction. Are you and Don Richie coming down next weekend for the meet??? Pat
Here is a photo of number 40 highly cropped, taken from the article George Broad did,
elm53

Post by elm53 »

Hi Pat , were fine here. Work keeps me busy. Don and I were planning on an appearance on Sat. Will have some stuff for the swap table. Hope to see you there. I think Chuck A. May have owned that one inch 4-4-0 for a short time
shayloco

Post by shayloco »

Hello Glenn-

I did a search for the seller and found his obituary from 2016. I do remember him mentioning another live steamer in Hawaii but we are too late to get that info.

-Larry
Glenn Brooks wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:46 pm Larry,

I am curious. Do you recall any details of your purchase - the approx year, location, etc. From time to time, I keep hearing rumors someone has a private live steam RR in Hawaii, but have never been able to track it down.

Thanks
Glenn