Monitor Inectors and other Updates

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Monitor Inectors and other Updates

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting extremely busy with full sized work, but I'm finally back onto the model injectors. I'm about a month and a half behind on my original schedule, but the Monitors are in full swing production. Waxes will be sent to the foundry tomorrow, and spanner nuts are being carved out on the mill as I type. I hope to have the Monitors available by the end of February.
IMG_3758.jpg
The Standard, Small and Intermediate injectors will be in production (in that order) in the months of March - May. There's a good chance I may be moving my shop in March, but hopefully it will have minimal impact on production. I hope to have them all back in stock in time for the LALS spring meet.

I've also done some design work on the Nathan 4000 C's, which I hope to produce later this year after the 1918A's. Now that the 4000C is fully drawn, the current price estimate is $1,895. The 1918A's are estimated to be $950.
Nathan_4000C_Assembly_1.JPG
Nathan_4000C_Assembly_2.JPG
My website has an updated production schedule and event calendar, and I've added a page for the full sized Simplex No. 4 injectors. In the next few weeks I'll be able to share publicly where they're operating!

https://www.eccentricengineer.com/production-schedule

Anthony
ccvstmr

Re: Monitor Inectors and other Updates

Post by ccvstmr »

Hello Anthony...cast, machined or ready for sale...even your waxes are impressive to look at! Kudos to you and the skills you've manged to perfect to deliver a working scale replica. Realize there's already a substantial amount of time invested just to have waxes ready to be cast (btw...do you mount those on a tree? ...or does the person doing the casting do that?)

It's fascinating to see what you're working on...large and scale. Better yet...to deliver and have a fully workable and serviceable feed water device for locomotives. Do keep up the great work. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!