Chas. V. Arnold Tiny Power Northern

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Carrdo

Chas. V. Arnold Tiny Power Northern

Post by Carrdo »

Does anyone know the history of or know what happened to the 3.5" gauge Northern which Chas V. Arnold of Tiny Power constructed?

I know that it appeared in some of the original Tiny Power's catalogues and the all copper locomotive boiler was pictured in the book Chas wrote on miniature boiler construction, a copy of which I have.
Carrdo

Re: Chas. V. Arnold Tiny Power Northern

Post by Carrdo »

I think that I may have answered my own question. From deep within my files.

I still don't know what happened to this locomotive though.
Attachments
468 Arnold Martin Lewis Little Engines Northern.jpg
469 Arnold Martin Lewis Little Engines Northern.jpg
Rwilliams

Post by Rwilliams »

I remember seeing a beautiful 2 inch scale Case steam tractor model in Silverton, Oregon back in the late 1950 era. As a young kid, I had never seen such a beautiful model before and was captivated by the craftsmanship. The owner builder claimed it was from a set of castings obtained by Charles Arnold in Junction City Oregon only a few miles away from where we were that day. The builder had it belted to a small 4 bladed fan with some sort of gauge to help indicate the power being generated as the speed increased. My father showed me a copy of the Tiny power catalog he had acquired not long after that day. I knew right then that someday I would learn machine tool skills and be building my own models.

I suspect much of the Charles Arnold product line eventually became part of the Cole's Power Models offerings, but am not sure of the timeline of when it happened.
piedmontg

Post by piedmontg »

Hi
Here is a link to Tiny Power - http://www.tinypower.com/. On the far right side is a link to Charles V. Arnold's history. Lots of folders full of stuff.
I know someone was selling the steam engine kits (not locomotives) not sure who, could not find current seller, it was not Coles. This company has at least one of his engines the Ajax. Maybe that is all that is left.
Bob