1.5 SCALE LAYOUT SOFTWARE

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

1.5 SCALE LAYOUT SOFTWARE

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi All
Does anyone know of software that is available for designing 1.5 railroads?
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
James Powell

Re: 1.5 SCALE LAYOUT SOFTWARE

Post by James Powell »

For designing what part of it? I would suspect that CAD would be the best way to do the ground layout. If you want track design, I am not sure, but TEMPLOT may allow you to do sleeper layout/angles/ect for the track.

But in short, I don't know of anything special to design ride on railways for a backyard.

James
KarlKobel

Post by KarlKobel »

See if any of these fits your needs...

https://model-train-info.com/model-trai ... re-review/

Karl
holtSteamer

Post by holtSteamer »

From what I researched in the past, there really isn't any thing out there. The issue you come into is the turnout design. A number 7 from accutie maybe different from a number 7 that club xyz builds on the ground. The turnouts can vary slightly from each other, you need those drawings of the turnouts being used to develop a library that can be pulled from to have them layout as they would actually be built. If you find anything let us know.
James Powell

Post by James Powell »

OK, so I had a look on TEMPLOT, and it will likely do what you want, with the notable exception that it is not to be used for building an actual railway. (as in, you are using it to design a railroad, and they are not responsible for your choice of actually constructing a railroad...)

It has been used at up to 15" gauge railroad design

https://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php? ... p_to=16672

I don't know if that's what you are looking for, or if you are looking for something to design a railroad on a piece of property- in which case, I suspect the first real part is a good detailed survey of the property for grades. (at least, that's what I started with...)

Currently working on the bridge for mine-
ImageThe new wall by Peach James, on Flickr