USPS is a mess...

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

vlnmkr

Re: USPS is a mess...

Post by vlnmkr »

The postal service is a "Service" If you don't fund it you don't get the service. The USPS is making money, quite a bit, however there is no other government agency where the agency must fund fund the pensions of its employees. The military certainly doesn't. BTW, is politics not off limits anymore?

M. Becker
violinmaker
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Politics are, indeed, off limits on this board, as has pretty much always been the case. Religion, too!

I have allowed the discussion because it is not creating any problems, but the thread will be locked immediately and posts deleted and offenders warned if that changes. Do not turn this in to a democrat/republican thing. Feel free to report facts, however. That can be done without making it political.

By and large, we are fortunate in the US to have a reasonably reliable system for delivery of messages and packages. It's unfortunate that it has become political. I'll stop now, before I have to ban myself. :twisted:

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Dave_Johnson

Post by Dave_Johnson »

Logistically, this past Christmas mailing season caused the USPS to basically burst at the seams. This was brought on by more people mailing this year instead of visiting with gifts in hand, and more people ordering over the internet.

Compound this with some plants having major Covid impacts on the workforce. I had some packages in route to me that have arrived, though later than expected. Packages for me that have entered the system in the past week are moving more normal.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Think about packages as toilet paper..which is where most of my junk mail ends up
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Steven E. Kuhn

Post by Steven E. Kuhn »

I am/would very much like to work toward yanking my mailbox. I never rely on USPS if I don't have too. UPS and FEDEX never ever an issue.

It's a government disaster. Privatize it. End of discussion.

But we all know that will never happen.

But now after I just got done venting.......why is this on here? What does it have to do with Live Steam? I can go to Farcebook for this and more. Doh!!.....fell for it again....
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Had a small package I mailed on December 17th. Didn't arrive until January 8th, just over 3 weeks later. The recipient is about a 5 hour drive away, so it wasn't like this was all the way across the country or in Alaska or something. I figured after a couple of weeks that it was just lost, and worried that it might never arrive. I'm just glad it did. Also glad that It wasn't something that was fragile or time sensitive.
SZuiderveen

Post by SZuiderveen »

I received my Christmas card (first class postage) from Steve Pontarelli at Despatch Railroad Products yesterday, Jan 20. Postmarked Dec 15. Upstate NY to Maryland. Been getting Christmas cards every third day or so this month.

Steve
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Pony express?
Steven E. Kuhn

Post by Steven E. Kuhn »

Ok now that we got that out of our system can we get back to what we all can’t get enough of?!
No not that!!
Live Steam!!!
Have a good one guys!

Steve
pat1027

Post by pat1027 »

The post office isn't alone. I ordered replacement glass for a full view storm door. UPS picked it up at a warehouse in Illinois (200 miles away) and loaded it on a plane headed to Seattle. Then on a truck to Michigan. I have a FedEx package that left Colorado and went to Phoenix before heading east.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

and your point is?....
Steven E. Kuhn

Post by Steven E. Kuhn »

I couldn't care less if it went around the world twice before I got it. From FEDEX or UPS it would still be on time and never lost.
A friend of mine ordered a pair of trucks and a tender tank kit. It was shipped USPS. He received one truck. So far no sign of the tank or other truck.

Steve