Injectors - A General Guide to the Model Automatic Injector

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Re: Injectors - A General Guide to the Model Automatic Injector

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Builder01 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:38 pm Is there a check ball missing on the cross section of the "English" injector?
Yes there is.
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Another injector book is The Model Injector, by Ted Crawford. It was published by Australian Model Engineering, but they are now out of business. I think someone else still stocks the book. It looks to be based on the English design.

Two books on prototype injectors are: Locomotive Injectors, published by Tee Publishing, and Injectors: Their Theory, Construction & Working, by W. W. F. Pullen, reprinted by Camden Miniature Steam Services. Lots of math in this one.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Yes....balls tough to saw in half and tend to skitter off into a corner when hit with saw blade
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Steve Goodbody

Post by Steve Goodbody »

Hi all,

Anthony, I suspect that the book you are referring to is "Miniature Injectors Inside and Out" by DAG Brown in the UK. The book is an expanded version of a series written by Mr. Brown for "Model Engineer" magazine in the UK perhaps ten years ago.

For those interested in injectors, especially how to reliably make them, and test them, and trouble-shoot them, I can heartily recommend that book. I've now made three injectors based on the designs and construction methods in the book and they all worked first-time.

That said, Anthony's products are darned impressive, to say the least!

Best regards
Steve