Home Made Steam Driven Trip Hammer doing some work flattening out 1.5mm and 3mm thick wire solder.

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Jim Dobson

Home Made Steam Driven Trip Hammer doing some work flattening out 1.5mm and 3mm thick wire solder.

Post by Jim Dobson »

This is fun steam driven accessory to use, a bit hard on the ears though!

https://youtu.be/hoZbtcay660

Cheers Jim
My Youtube Channel -
Blue Heeler's Model & Toy Steam Engine Room
Steggy

Re: Home Made Steam Driven Trip Hammer doing some work flattening out 1.5mm and 3mm thick wire solder.

Post by Steggy »

I don't know why, but for some reason, seeing that little hammer going to town reminds me of the Energizer Battery Bunny. :D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Jim Dobson

Re: Home Made Steam Driven Trip Hammer doing some work flattening out 1.5mm and 3mm thick wire solder.

Post by Jim Dobson »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:13 am I don't know why, but for some reason, seeing that little hammer going to town reminds me of the Energizer Battery Bunny. :D
LOL they were great TV ads weren't they :)
Cheers Jim
My Youtube Channel -
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Well Jim...consider this...

Do you have or know others with some musical inclination? You might have just invented the 1st ever, steam powered, metronome to maintain a beat and keep time. Adjusting the steam flow would most likely vary the hammer-ing rate! If not, just hum a few bars and we'll fake it! :oops:

Thanx for the vid.
Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Jim Dobson

Post by Jim Dobson »

ccvstmr wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:28 pm Well Jim...consider this...

Do you have or know others with some musical inclination? You might have just invented the 1st ever, steam powered, metronome to maintain a beat and keep time. Adjusting the steam flow would most likely vary the hammer-ing rate! If not, just hum a few bars and we'll fake it! :oops:

Thanx for the vid.
Carl B.
LOL G'day Carl it really does sound like a metronome doesn't it :)
Cheers Jim
My Youtube Channel -