Any of you folks familiar with this layout?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

RussellCofIdaho

Re: Any of you folks familiar with this layout?

Post by RussellCofIdaho »

rmac wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:32 pm
8thscale wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:43 pm Yes, I'm old enough to have used a typewriter for middle/high school reports.
chaski_20210621_0002.png
Wow Mister Mac, I am impressed! Though I remember my mom typing daily on her old mechanical typewriter, all I ever did was get the thing so jammed up we were assigned to fix it, clean it and test every key to make sure it operated properly! And now all us kids are senior citizens! I have been using computers since 1979 and the Commodore PET so never used a typewriter much, used the good old dot matrix printer for decades it seems...

This is indeed a spectacular railway, I've been following it for some time with posts by a fellow who works on it on the Facebook group Backyard Railroading. If you go there search for 'Brick Mountain RR', he has included that on every post. I found it on Google a year ago but can't remember where in CT and won't interfere with Mr. Cone's privacy (though I did look up the registry of the helicopter of a 'distinguished guest' who visited there out of curiosity...)
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...
8thscale

Re: Any of you folks familiar with this layout?

Post by 8thscale »

8thscale wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:43 pm
pat1027 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:46 am ... As for 7-1/2" the explanations range from from typo's in letters in the early days ...
I've always heard the 1/4 and 1/2 are on the same typewriter key ... internet images appear to support that theory!
[Yes, I'm old enough to have used a typewriter for middle/high school reports.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXV8kS9szZg
Listen around 5:50 and Dave S. seems to have heard the same story regarding a west/east coast typed letter!