Union pacific FEF 3

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

phil davis

Union pacific FEF 3

Post by phil davis »

HI all I am constructing a union pacific FEF 3 in 1 1/8th scale for 5inch gauge in Australia. My version is based around 1946. I am trying to obtain photos and drawings of the sellers exhaust steam injector under the fireman's side of the cab and the Nathan non lifting injector under the drivers side along with the change over valve which is mounted under the running board. I'm also trying to get good images and or drawings of the boiler feed valves mounted atop the boiler, And a drawing of the whistle. Any help would be much appreciated. Im intending to 3d draw these items for casting.
Attachments
IMG_3612_rotated.jpg
Last edited by rmac on Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Photo Orientation
Rob Gardner

Re: Union pacific FEF 3

Post by Rob Gardner »

Have you tried the Union Pacific Historical Society?

Rob Gardner
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

The Fitts FEF book and the Kratville Mighty 800 book don't have good pictures of what you're looking for. Closest FEF to you might be in Ogden, UT.

UPHS CD has a wonderful cross section drawing of the Nathan 4000 Type C injector (File 98030408 Dwg 564CA32543) and a drawing of the Elesco Type TF302 Exhaust Steam Injector (File 98030711 Dwg 563CA30245) - I know - Not the Sellars model - but I can't find my Sellars book. Not sure if this is helpful, but good luck.

SteveR
12x36 Enco Lathe, 9x42 Bridgeport, SMAW, O/A, Miller MIG w/gas, plasma
Not enough measuring tools...
1.5" Allen Models Consolidation on air.
1" FEF in progress
1" & 3/4" LE Projects
Measure twice, cut once, wait - it was supposed to be brass! :)
phil davis

Post by phil davis »

Hi thankyou all for your help, I have recieved a great deal of info. Anyone that has photos of both the sellers injector and changeover valve and would be willing to share that would be much appreciated as I have come across some but few drawings.